04 February 2011

snowy, snowy night.

Is it strange that I cannot wait to go back to class tomorrow?

I was stuck inside all last week. I couldn't sleep in my room the first night because my smoke detector was beeping incessantly for me to change the batteries (which I didn't have) or take it down off the wall (which I couldn't reach). I finally broke and called my parents at one a.m. and pleaded at them for help, which, from over three hundred miles away, they were totally able to provide, via YouTube and instructions to just murder the damn thing with my fists, while jumping up toward it. The offending smoke detector is in pieces wedged under my couch cushions...still beeping, albeit faintly, all night and day. Thank you, Mimi and Dad. You guys are the best.

They couldn't help with the snow, though.

I shifted from bed to couch to kitchen back to couch from Monday night, when it started snowing, until Friday evening, when I finally, finally, ventured out with Caitlin & Joe (and Atlas). We got a generous pile of snow dumped on us -- about ten inches in the first go-around and another five or so on Friday night! OH. And it's supposed to snow again this coming Tuesday, which may mean no class or discussion or going anywhere near campus on Thursday.

You can imagine why I'm so pumped to get back to class. Nerd alert, right here.

But! No school and very little homework meant I had several days to bake and cook, two activities I'm growing fonder of. I hunted down a fantastic little recipe for 'artisan bread' -- those crusty, wonderful round loaves you get at Panera and the like -- and another for Mass Street Brewery's cheddar ale soup! I live for that stuff. Crusty bread and soup sustained me for the rest of the week.

No comments: